Tree Wardens plant, protect and promote their local trees. No training or experience in tree management is needed – just a love of trees and a few hours to spare.
Tree Wardens are organised into local groups. Each group is managed by a co-ordinator and is autonomous, meeting regularly to decide what they would like to focus on.
- Some of the projects Tree Warden groups have done include:
- Arranging local tree planting days
- Pruning, watering caring for local trees
- Working with local authorities to plant & care for street trees
- Rejuvenating local woodlands
- Raising funds and finding land for tree planting projects
- Going into schools to talk about the value of trees.
For further information, or to volunteer to be a tree warden, please go to: https://treecouncil.org.uk/tree-wardens/
Notice Date: 22/09/2023